QUICKIE POST ALERT!
I’m sure you will have noticed that toe-capped shoes and boots are all over the place at the moment and are sure to be an AW ’12 staple!
Trouble is with these sort of trends is that you never know how long they are going to be around for.
Follow my two simple steps on maximising you PPW (pays per wear) out of this particular fashion:
1. Forget expensive shoes (this season) – buy cheap or buy in the sale. You don’t know how long this trend is going to be around for. Buy a cheaper pair; wear them to death. If they’re not in again this time next year, you’ve got your PPW out of them. If they are, then it’s a trend with a bit more longevity – that’s the time to buy a more expensive pair.
2. Don’t bother with kooky colour matches – yes clashing colour toe caps might look cool now, but you may not feel the same about having different coloured toes in six month’s time. Buy dark – navy, grey, brown or black. Less expensive shoes can look cheap in lighter colours. If you must have a different coloured toe, go metallic.
Here are my top five under £30:
3. Black/gold heels – £16 Matalan (also available in this season’s burgundy. At this price, go for it!)
2. Silver toe and heel ballet flats – £29.50 Wallis
1. Black suedette/black patent heels – £24.99 H&M (Also available in red or grey. And supremely comfortable!)
So, adorn your toes for under £30! Do it. x